stat counter

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

JABBA POTATO, THE ADVENTURE BEGINS

       Other than the occasional lizard, it's unusual to see anything moving in the garden.  That's why I found it odd to see the little red hand.
      
    It was jutting out of the dirt, just next to the lettuce, waving ever so slightly.  When I probed the soil around it I heard a muffled voice say, "Ow! Stop that!".   That's when I first met Jabba Potato.
       
    I could see he was of a dark red variety as I carefully lifted him up from his underground lair.  I had never seen one quite like him and certainly never a vegetable with a voice. 
       When he asked in his gravelly potato patter, "Why you callin' me 'Jabba', my name is Larry", I told him his was the spittin' image of Star War's Jabba the Hut.
         
    I went on to explain that Jabba was a fictional crime boss on the planet Tatooine,
a big, bad guy with an insatiable appetite for food, slave girls, and torture.  In retrospect, that was a bad idea.


(Part Two Coming Soon) 

No comments:

Post a Comment