stat counter

Monday, April 7, 2014

INKED FOR LIFE

      Our Oregon friend,  Sue Korpela,visited us recently. As she loves to read (and is in the publishing business)  she had her library card tattooed on her arm. 







Sue had hoped it would make

checking out books easier. Unfortunately, the library scanners can't quite read the tiny lines.


FOREVER IN FLESH

      Last Friday five of us flew to Atlanta for my niece's wedding.  

   Sitting next to me was a large man with tattooed arms. It looked like people had signed them with a Sharpie and later they were inked in permanently.
    


When I asked "Cleveland Steve" about his arm art he told me he had done just that.  Here are the autographs of the punk band, New Found Glory.
    I asked him if he wanted me to sign his arm (I used to play bass in The Nematoads).  He thought I was kidding.
FOREVER IN STONE






   Our motel was next to a giant rock which had three Civil War generals carved into its side. Staring up at it I realized someone had tattooed Stone Mountain. 
  


FOREVER IN LOVE

     Emily and Eric got married next to the Yellow River as the sun sparkled on tiny budding leaves.

   We hope their union will give them years of joy and that it will last  longer than Cleveland Steve's tattoos.


                       

No comments:

Post a Comment