stat counter

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

FAMILY TREE

     I'm not so good with names. Francesca and I  went to two family reunions this summer.  Each year they get bigger and find myself saying, "Hey you!" when I should be saying, "Good Morning Samantha!"
     So I created cheat sheets, family trees.  The  names connected by familial lines help me keep them straight.

    We're in California now where I've taken this a little further.  I am illustrating my wife's "tree" with a simple drawing of everyone.  
 



The Violich clan often gathers at the family house south of Santa Cruz.  It's got a popular front yard so I drew everyone there.
    Pi on the gopher-ridden knoll
 
The grandparents look down from an ancient oak. Everyone, as you see above, is scattered across what we call "the knoll".  Francesca's brother, Antonio, has the most prolific branch. They're the happy group on the left.

     Our Coconut Grove contingent (with kids and spouses) now number eight. 


I doubt we'll ever catch up with Antonio. What's important is that everyone's healthy, happy, and that I greet visiting kin with a smile and a name. With my drawing on the wall this shouldn't be problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment