stat counter

Monday, August 1, 2022

NO NEWS IS THE NEWS

    "A man called to report a bowl of fruit in the road".  That's typical of the local news in West Marin County.  

     We're visiting relatives in northern California as we do every summer. 

     I love their little local paper, the Point Reyes Light. Page three has "Sheriff Calls", a list of every incident  reported to the local gendarmes the previous week.

 


      How many times have you called 911?  I did four years ago when I came upon a dead neighbor. My grim discovery was not mentioned in the Miami Herald but here, someone will call the sheriff if they hear "grunting in the bushes". A week later it's in the newspaper.

      It's all very charming. Maybe no news is good news. It is certainly amusing to me. Here are a few examples,

 

 

 


 


         It's beautiful here where not much happens. Two deer just wandered into the yard. 

 


              Maybe I should call the sheriff.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment